Your First Visit
From filling out paperwork, meeting our dental team, undergoing a comprehensive dental examination and discussing treatment options, your first visit to our dental office can be quite overwhelming.
At Victorian Village Dental Care, we are committed to making sure new patients have a positive experience to set them up for future success.
To help you feel comfortable and confident about your upcoming appointment, we have created this first appointment guide.
An Individualized Approach
Every person has a different reason for scheduling a first appointment with our dental team. Some people are new to the area and need a new dentist. Others may have dental problems that need to be treated.
When scheduling a first appointment, our dental team will ask various questions to get a better understanding of the purpose of your visit. This allows us to customize your first appointment experience to meet your individualized needs.
What You Can Expect
First dental appointments are all about better understanding your oral health to helps us determine how we approach your dental care. New patients can typically expect the following things to occur during their first appointment:
- Answer questions that provide a better understanding of your complete health and dental history.
- Take any necessary digital imaging, impressions and digital X-Rays.
- Complete a thorough examination of the gums, teeth, mouth and surrounding facial area to check for signs of possible dental problems, such as bleeding gums, stains and discoloration, plaque accumulation or damaged teeth.
- Consult with Dr. Martinez to discuss treatment options and any dental problems you may be experiencing.
Victorian Village Dental Care in Columbus, Ohio looks forward to welcoming you to our dental family. Contact us at 614-298-1543 if you have any additional questions about your first appointment.
What To Bring
New patients are asked to arrive at their first appointment with the following items:
- Dental insurance cards
- Photo ID
- List of medications
- Completed patient forms – Filling out our patient forms electronically can save you time and help you avoid the stress of having to fill out tedious paperwork on the day of your appointment